Friday, November 21, 2008

The Morning After ...


No, I didn't get into my own stash and go crazy .. the hangover I'm speaking of does not involve illicit substances of any kind. I've been scarce lately cause I've been on a week-long bender .. of missions. Yes, even your local pusher has to do missions in Eve, unglamorous though they are.

I REALLY wanted to get some jump-clones. Now for many pilots, that's not a problem as their corp usually confers instant standings allowing for jc's. But not Es & Whizz .. we're a motley bunch of dealers, smugglers, and drug-cookers who apparently have better things to do than grind missions. Thus, left to my own devices, I did just that .. grinding grinding grinding missions.

I'm here to tell you that I'd rather do nothing but mine and do market spreadsheets than run those inane missions over and over (and over) again. I know that for some, missions are your Eve bread and butter. But after days of watching my standing bump up .02 - .08 per mission, I'm sick of em.

Seems to me that there's a real scourge among our young pod pilots .. and its not illicit combat boosters .. it is soul-crushing mission running.

hmm .. maybe I should start M.A.R.E. ...

3 comments:

Carole Pivarnik said...

Stop crushing your soul and take the easy way out!!! Use this jump clone service that doesn't even require you to leave your corp...that's how I'm gonna replace the one jump clone I accidentally recycled recently.

Doodah Man said...

NOW you tell me :-p .. lol

No really, there was the clone bay option through one of our Rorq pilots. But I get kinda crazy sometimes and just have to get to that goal no matter the crushing tedium .. least now its over.

Anonymous said...

Even easier..train infomorph to at least 1...run out to 0.0 in a damned shuttle...create a JC by jumping back to your medical claone..JC is created. wait 24 hours. Hop back in your clone and drive the shuttle home. you now have a JC and a medical clone. NPC stations certainly help of course but there are some NRDS ( not red don't shoo)t alliances that will let you JC:)